Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Had boil in ear. Noticed smelly fluid coming out from ear. Any serious problem?

Hi about a month ago boil come out in my ear. That time my ear was hurting but now there is no pain. The problem is smelly fluid coming out from my ear and it has yellow color? Is my ear okay or it s serious? How am i going to get rid of this smell? Can you tell me right antibiotic name? Please help me. This time i am not able to see Dr.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  209
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
HI I have gone through your mail, as you said that you having discharge of fluid from your ear initially there was pain also but now you have only yellow pus discharge which is fowl smelling but no pain. After listening your story I am suspecting that initially you were having acute otitis media (acute middle ear infection) not the boil, and your disease in now proceed to one of it's complication called as Chronic otitis media, at present most probably you are having perforation in your ear drum. You are advice to go for these investigations- (1) culture and sensitivity of ear pus, (2) C.T.scan of affected ear. (3) Audiometery Pure tone & Impedance. After this you should contact an E.N.T.specialist for examination of ear and co-relation of inferences of investigations for planing treatment in a better way. Thanks.
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor