Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Had blighted ovums while trying for a baby. What can I do with negative reports?

Hi-My husband and I have being trying for a baby for 18 months in which time I have had 2 blighted ovums.on my last blighted ovum I had a d&c which was unsuccessful and I ended up with a perforated uterus . My periods have always been every 28 days after I stopped taking my pill . I am 3 days late which is highly unusual for me. I m currently off work with a head cold which started the day I was due on. I have had 2 negative pregnancy tests-any idea what I should do? Thanks Rachel
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
It is very unfortunate that you had blighted ovum twice. Now that you have missed your period, see your doctor for advice. I think you may also need a genetic evaluation and consultation. You can get blood tests for pregnancy and a sonogram in consultation with your gynecologist. Do not take any medication meanwhile. Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 30 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor