Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Had bilateral mastectomy, hysterectomy. Altering diet enough instead of hormone blockers?

Just had bilateral mastectomy because I had a tumor 1.2 in my rt breast and no positive nodes. The tumor was estrogen and proestroge. Both of my breast had numerous cyst and drained for 28 years. I kept up with mammograms, thank GOD. I have had a hysterectomy about 12 years ago. I have been researching hormone blockers and I don't want to use them. If I change eating, add dim, iodine, D, B, exercise and loss weight will it be okay for me to not take the blockers.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
Hormone manupulation therapy for breast cancer is proven treatment with multiple randomized trials which have shown survival benifit in patients whose tumor have hormone receptor. So you are strongly advised to take those medications.
Regarding alternative food and diet,you can follow them but they are not substitute to hormonal therapy.

Best wishes
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor