Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Had bells palsy. Face seems distorted. Can something help me?

I had bells palcy in my childhood, due to which my face looks ugly also, i came to know about this after a longer time. i had discussed with Neurosurgeon also but did not make any difference. Is there any way to resolve my problem also the estimated cost for this. It was not major one thing i would like to clarify. Please suggest me the best solution for my problem.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Bell's palsy can lead to incomplete recovery of facial muscle weakness in about 5-10% of cases; in the rest, almost complete recovery occurs within 1-2 months.

At this stage (after so many years of your illness), there is no medication that can help you.

Physiotherapy including facial exercises may help a bit.

For good benefit, plastic surgery may be required. You can discuss this with a plastic surgeon.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor