Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Had been beat up on back of head. Have lump there. Should I see a doctor?

Hi I got beat up last weekend by two guys and they punched me in the back of the head a lot of times and a couple of punches were really hard but now a week later I have a small lump at the back left side of my head and its about the size of a pea and soft enough to push in but when I do I sends a pain to the top of my head a it feels like it burns aswel should I see a doctor or will it heal on its own ? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to health care magic. Thanks for your query.

As per as your description it looks like a hematoma following a strong impact on the head. i.e collection of blood underneath your skin.

You can try giving cold fermentation, take pain killer if it hurts. Usually it takes 2 to 3 weeks to resolve.

If it persists beyond this period , you may have to consult the doctor as there are chances that sometimes hematoma gets infected. In such cases you will have severe pain and fever.

Alarming signs for which you need to seek immediate medical help are- loss of consciousness, head ache, vomiting, convulsions,bleeding from nose/ ears, weakness of any part of your body.

Wish you all the best
( Emergency consultant
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

  Anonymous's Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

This could be a haematoma (blood clot).
Super-added infection is possible.
Better to be seen by a doctor - especially to exclude internal injury

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor