Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Had bad toothache. Prescribed Sinutab for infection. Will it interfere with Microgynon?

I have really bad jaw/ toothache and when I phoned for a dental appointment my dentist said to try sinutab as it sounds like a sinus infection . I just read the leaflet though and it says I need to consult my doctor if I am on the pill (but unfortunately as its a Saturday I can t). Will sinutab just make the pill (microgynon) ineffective or can you not take the two together at all?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  204
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, Sinusitis can cause symptoms mimicking toothache and you have been prescribed an analgesic and nasal decongestant in a combination. These ingredients can be taken with microgynon but please read the leaflet available with sinutab to be doubly sure of any interaction. Sinutab should be taken with caution in elderly especially with hypertension and cardiac problems. Regards.
Answered: Sun, 6 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor