Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Had back injury. Why did my rib cage area land up in pain?

I fell out of bed and landed on my back, I was shocked and shaken, but not much pain, about a week later i have lower rib cage pain, not server but uncomfortable when I jar or press on the ribs. It is in the area just below my breast and more towards the rightside. could the soreness take that long to come out, or should I be looking at a another cause?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It is possible to have a pain under the rib cage after a week of injury. It can develop slowly. It is called costochondritis. The pain of costochondritis is quite sever, increase with time. You will need good anti-inflammatory drugs for it to subside early.

You can take Tylenol for pain after food. It is over the counter drug.

Hope this helps.

Get well soon.

Answered: Sun, 5 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor