Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Had arthoscopy in left knee, twisted knee while playing, swollen. How to recover from this injury ?

i had undergone an arthoscopy in my left knee . I had a meniscus tear. which was operated in 2008. ON 11 Jan 13 while playing cricket i twisted my knee and i think i have injured the same area. the symptoms are similar to the one i had in 2008. i suspect another meniscus tear. The swelling in the knee is still there. I need to know how to go about with this injury. What all precautions i have to take. What should i do to recover fast. Do i have to do hot or cold fermentation etc..
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Yes it can be another meniscal tear. It can also be injury to the cruciate ligaments of knee, which are small ligaments present inside the knee joint. Now you have to give absolute rest to the injured knee. You can use painkillers to overcome the pain. If you do so, remember to take antacids or 'PPIs' like pantoprazole with the painkillers. You can also apply analgesic spray over the knee. These will reduce the pain. And the most important thing is to get consultation with your orthopaedician as soon as possible, preferably the same surgeon who did your arthroscopy previously.
Answered: Tue, 22 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor