Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Had appendix operation. Trouble sleeping, body getting hot, dark urine, burning urination. Help

Im 17, girl, and It s been a week since I been operated from my appendix, and lately I haven t had good sleep, my back, my cheeks, lips , chin and neck would get really hot and Id have trouble sleeping. Just 2 days ago I noticed my urine was dark, so I started to drink lots of water but the tips of my vagina burn when I pee, speculating I have a bladder infection , I have a minimal amount of pain where I got operated but it seems like I don t have fever. Please help.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for using HCM.
Urinary tract infections tend to cause chills with fever, burning sensation while passing urine and heaviness with pain in the area surrounding the bladder. Since its been a week after your operation and the fact that there are other symptoms present should provoke you to get a re-checkup by your doctor. Clinical examination and urine test can rule out any bladder infection. Continue drinking plenty of fluids.
Feel free for further queries.
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms can be caused by urinary tract infection, abscess in abdominal cavity or soft tissues infections in the incision area. Moreover, mentioned conditions can coexist.
As appendix surgery usually causes wound infection during infected appendix removing, some of such wounds do heal longer than other wounds. If such wound gets infected, usually fever appears (hot cheeks and lips can indicate fever). The wound gets hard and painful. Discharge from the wound can be present.
Abdominal abscess is possible after every surgery and if fever appears, it should be always ruled out.
I suggest you to visit you doctor, have abdominal ultrasound, soft tissues ultrasound, blood work, CRP and urine analysis performed.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor