Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Had annular tear, nucleus leakage,lumbar spondylosis. Had lumbar facet rhizotomy. Explain

Hi. I had a grade 5 annular tear in L5 with nucleus leakage 5 years ago. I recently had my 3rd Lumbar Facet Rhizotomy . Diagnosis is Lumbar Spondylosis w/o myleopathy. I have SI pain which keeps being dismissed. I saw one neurosurgeon after an MRI 2 years ago. He said nothing could be done except for a fusion. Im a 43 yr old female. I did not want that and he did say I am too young. The pain physician I see has not offered any other treatment. I feel like they are just band aids . Im looking for some different answer/explanation. I tore the disc shoveling snow in Nov of 07. I saw a chiropractor who did decompression work on the disc. I have problems with the disc now slipping. Any advice would be appreciated!
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Since you have a persistent n spite of taking pain medicines regularly, surgery or the local steroid injections in the spine need to be considered. You can also get some muscle relaxants prescribed from your orthopedician for relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor