Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Had an unprotected sex years back. Will I have HIV?

hi sir,myself anuradha.i have a doubt about my health.i dnt know whether i have HIV/AIDS.12yrs back i had a unprotected sex who is i am 22yrs old.I did not have any medical checkup all these years.but now i need to go i should have medical checkup.but i am getting fear that the report may show positive.what to do sir?please suggest me..........
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
dear customer,

It has already been over 12 years since unprotected sex and you get HIv only when you have unprotected sex with a hiv infected person.That too is positive in less than 3 % of the cases.

Now you should have the hiv test kit and get the test done from the nearest laboratory to rule out hiv.

Thank you
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anuj Dan's  Response
The first question is this, the partner you had intercourse with has he been diagnosed with any kind of STD since you were with him? If yes then you should get a check up done.
Other than that, for your own piece of mind you can have an HIV test done, it is quite a simple blood test and you can get the result back on the same day itself.
I hope this helped.
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hi, thanks for the query to H.C.M.Forum.
12 years back had sex/
You don't have any disease as sex related .
The man is also married and 12 years passes , so long time.
If you had any HIV OR AIDS type diseases the symptoms would have been appeared much earlier so need not to worry.
Have a marriage, without any hesitation.
Good luck. Dr. HET

Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor