• question-icon

Had an injury, cervical and vertebral fracture. Underwent open reduction. What is wrong?

A 21-year-old male was injured during a fall that occurred when riding his mountain bike in rough terrain. He was airlifted to a medical center where initial evaluation revealed an open cervical fracture. He underwent open reduction of the vertebral fracture and progressed to the point of discharge for follow-up with the physician in one week. What are the diagnosis and procedure codes?
Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Hello

Due to histroy of road traffic accident there is usually vertebral burst fracture with dislocation.
Such injuries need urgent workup and treatment in ER.
Associated injuries need to evaluate.
Fracture disloction of c 1 and c2 is common.
He might have undergone reduction with plate fixation.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.