Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Had an accident. Stitches on forehead, swelling, puffiness. Treatment?

Hello my mother is out of country at the moment and she had an accident where she fell on the road. Got seriously injured and Drs put stitches on her forehead and upper part of nose . Although she recovered but still there is no pain around her stitches that look likes swollen . I want to ask if the stitches went wrong and why is that puffiness ?..or she needs any other kind of treatment.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

Its sorry to hear that your mother fell on the road and sustained injury to forehead and nose requiring stitches.
The face and nose has rich blood supply and the injuries need time to heal. The facial puffiness may be due to this reason.

Please ask her if she has any severe headache, loss of consciousness, vomiting and disorientation. Then a CT scan head might ne necessary.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor