Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Had an accident. Disk had a bulge. Why is leg numbness and twitching still persistent?

I wa in a car accident in march of 2011 and was going to a cyropractor, a physical therapist and a pain specialist for the injuries that I obtaine from the accident. They found that my L5 /S1 disk has a bulge in it. However they were able to fix the problem somewhat with me back, they were unable to tell me why I was and still am getting leg numbness and leg twitching. These have been a constant thing since the accident. Not only is it affecting my sleep but is affecting my mood as well. What I am wanting to know is if there is anything I can do at home that will help control both of the symptoms since this is something that I will have to live with the rest of my life.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Many people have disc bulges on MRI scans that do not cause symptoms. What you need to know is whether the disc bulge is pressing on a nerve that could be responsible for your symptoms. If the disc bulge is causing nerve root compression then there are a number of options to treat this from taking certain types of medication like gabapentin, to injecting area around the nerve root with local anaesthetic and steroid under CT guidance or performing a nerve root decompression or discectomy surgically.
Answered: Tue, 25 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor