Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Had an Xray done on L elbow after slip, developed boney spur. What is going on?

I had an xray done on my L elbow 3 weeks after a slip and bad fall. On the results, The x-ray doc said there was an old fracture and development of a boney spur on the tip of my funny bone. Thats were I fell 3 weeks earlier. Never fell on my arm in my life. Since the x-ray doc was looking for acute fracture, could a 3 week old fracture be mistaken as old?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
usually spur does not form after the Fracture. it may be a preexisting finding.spur may be present normally without causing any problem or may be a part of other diseases. sometimes 3 wk old fracture may be confused with old fracture radiologically and for that we have to access clinically, so whats are your present status of pain swelling and movement.
Answered: Sat, 11 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor