Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Had acne, improved with isotroin. Advised clindac A gel. Can online doctor help?

Hi I am 25yr old girl. I was suffering from severe acne on my face for the past 3 yrs. I was on isotroin 30mg and my condition has improved greatly. However I am now told to apply clindac A gel all over my face. I don't have any more breakouts but I want to knw how will applying clindac A gel help me. I have acne marks on my face
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  509
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Good to know that you had an excellent response with isotretinoin...Mostly once acne lesions are under control,the oral medications are stopped and patient is advised to use topical anti-acne drugs over the face only SOS ie as and when any new acne lesions i would advise you to use clindamycin cream only over the affected area whenever any new lesions appear

Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Johny Chacko's  Response
Welcome to healthcare Magic.
Acne is due to your adolescent hormones and you will continue to have it till that hormonal influence is over. It might be 28 yrs or 30 yrs or even 32. Right now it has gone into remission due to isotretinoin. But you need to maintain the remission using a maintenance cream. Topical retinoid is the best maintenance cream. You can apply a pea size amount of adapalene 0.1% gel at night over pimple prone areas so that you won't get any relapse. Clindac A is not a good maintenance cream as it is a plain anbibiotic which works against active pimples.
For the scars you can approach a dermatologist practicing cosmetology for procedures like microdermabrasion, derma roller, chemical peels etc. Dermatologist will decide the procedure after seeing the type of scars you have.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor