Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Had acl replaced in knee and torn cartilage removed, small protrusion under the knee cap, swollen stiff joint. What is this ?

I am a 42 year old female & was a professional athlete in my 20 s. Four months ago I had my acl replaced in my knee and remaining torn carliledge removed. I was doing fine and following my rehab . Out of the blue, with no over exertion I developed a small protrusion under the knee cap where there was a skrew. I also have a black and blue behind my knee directly behind the front. It is not painful, but feels stiff and slightly swollen with tighness in the joint . Can you please give me your opinion as to what this is?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Sports Medicine Specialist 's  Response
you must start physiotherap now under physical therapist supervision to rehabilitate knee by strengthening exercices and stretch ex and electrotherapy(ultra sound_interferrential current for knee joint_faradic current for quadri ceps muscles) and mobilization ex ror knee JT
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor