Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Had accident previously. Now having, numbness, tingling in limbs, pain in the hips. Suggestions?

I was in an automobile accident years ago and suffered whiplash injuries. Now, nearly 20 years later I ve been experiencing more and more problems, aside from the rude awakening in the middle of the night because arms and legs are numb and starts tingling so much it wakes me up. If I sit for long periods of time, my hip causes severe pain, so much pain it makes me sick. To make matters worse, if I sit too long in any position my legs go numb and I can t stand up without stopping first to allow circulation back into my legs so that I can feel my feet and walk without falling down. Is there a therapy or surgical procedure available to improve this condition?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for sharing your problem with healthcare magic.

your problem is very comen after having any accident. I belive it can be a disc heriation. it has always been present after your accidents although you are feeling it only now cause things are getting worse.

I propose you to mabe a CT of you hole spinal cord or a MRI cause the pain you are mentioning to different levels can be caused also by more than one hernial disc.

a disc herniation is a disc coming out from it's right position and pressing the nerv going out from the same place vausing most of the simptoms you have.

By not beeing cured the herniation increases and the symptoms are more and more visible by the time.

The solution all doctors propose for this is calming your pain with different analgesics, starting from paracetamol and codeine and non steroid antiinflamators.
If your pain can not be controlled by all those, a surgical intervention is proposed to the patient, which is a also a definite solution of your problem.

Kind regards
Answered: Mon, 25 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor