Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Had abortion as baby had Cystic hygroma, Trisomy 21, trying to conceive again. Will I have same issues ?

Hello, I have 2 children and I m 34 years old I had a previous pregancy of 21 weeks I had to terminate on august 2012 due to the fact that my baby had Cystic hygroma and was in a very bad condition the baby also had Trisomy 21 , its been six months alreday and will like to try to concive again , What do you recomend besides going to my ob before geting pregnat? I m very afraid my baby will have the same issues again
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
You should not be worried so much.
The probability to have another baby with this chromosomal anomaly is very low(1%) therefore for the couples who have had one child with Down syndrome is important for the parents to have genetic counseling
in order to determine their risk(if the father is carrier is 3% ,mother 12%)
Before you try to conceive you should use folic acid and do not be stressed.

Take care for your self
Answered: Fri, 22 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor