Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Had a stomach bug, nauseated, drinking fluids, pain in the same spot. Explain situation?

I ve recently had a stomach bug (3 days ago). I was throwing up for a period of an hour. I did NOT have diarrhea . The days following the throwing up I was very nauseous, light headed, and weak. I also had a terrible headache . I didn t eat much all weekend but continued to drink plenty of fluids. Last night, I had a weird feeling in my stomach when I touched it. It felt like something poked me on the skin. After looking, nothing was there. While sleeping I felt a pain in the exact spot every time i would bend or twist my torso. Now in the same spot, if I laugh or cough or sneeze (or hold a baby on that side) I have a burning sensation that is slightly painful. Can you explain what is going on??
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! You have not mentioned the site of pain in your stomach/abdomen. However, the way you have described your symptoms and signs, possibly you have a sub acute attack of appendicitis, where you got nausea with mild fever which caused you a headache.
You did not have a diarrhea, which is not favouring a food poisoning.
With all probabilities, the sub acute attack has caused the omentum to seal it off with a localised inflammation of peritoneal cavity and a appendix mass formation, which gave you a weired feeling on touching. This can give rise to pain and tenderness on moving, coughing or sneezing or any work where intra abdominal is altered and the inflamed perietal peritoneum is distubed. In my opinion, you should take the opinion of a general surgeon by getting clinically examined in person, who may also advice you for some blood and radiological investigations like ultrasound abdomen.
If it proves to be appendix mass, then you may have to be admitted in the hospital for IV drugs, and other conservative management, and the surgeon may advise you for an interval appendicectomy. Get yourself seen and investigated by your doctor at the earliest possible. Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor