Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Had a snow mobile accident. Unable to straighten elbow, pain, swelling. How will it heal?

i got into a snow mobile accident 6 days ago. The person on the other snowmobile flew off snowmobile and her helmut hit my right elbow .. i can do activities with my arm but cannot completely straighten my elbow without pain. my fingers and hand are always tingling . Suggestions/ just slight swelling and no discoloration of skin.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi, if the impact is hard enough i would suggest you to see a orthopaedic doctor and get a x-ray of the elbow to rule out fractures around elbow. There is a nerve which runs below the inner side of the elbow, impact on that part might produce tingling in the hand and fingers. If its not a bony injury should subside in few days with pain killers. Take care
Answered: Sun, 6 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor