Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Had a nuclear stress test. Mild blockage in one artery. Is it possible to rectify with diet and exercise?

My husband had a nuclear stress test 2 weeks ago from his own request, not because he has had problems but because at 67 he thought it was time to have one. Today, finally after 2 weeks, his Dr. called and says they think he has mild blockage in one artery and moderate blockage in another. When they do the next procedure, do you think these will amount to over 70% blockage and require stents or do you suspect they will OK him to rectify it with diet and exercise?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for asking Health Care Magic.
Your Husband having undergone the Nuclear stress test on his own without any problems,
at 67, mild and moderate blockage, can avoid the progress of the blockage by following simple lifestyle and dietary changes namely
1. Do regular physical mild to moderate exercise, say 30minutes of walking per day
2. Quit tobacco, if any
3. Reduce your salt intake less than 5gm/day
4. Avoid alcolol and
5. Eat more of vegatables and fruits and avoid consumption of refined carbohydrates, junk food etc.,
Above measures when combined with LOW DOSE ASPIRIN and STATINS shall avoid further blockage and other complications.
take care,
Dr.K.muthukumar MD
Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor