Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Had a miscarriage. Cervix still closed. Fluttering feeling in the abdomen. Am I still pregnant?

Hello. I was recently told that I miscarried almost three weeks ago due to two weeks of bleeding with clots but my cervix was and still is closed and I still feel pregnant. I also feel flutters in my lower abdominal around my navel. Could it be that it was a misdiagnosis and I m pregnant? This is my first pregnancy and second diagnosis. My mom and sister both bled heavily while carrying girls.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  352
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Firstly, you did not say when you had your last period and whether you were menstruating regularly before that. It happens that threatened abortions that bleed heavily can also go to term. You should see an obstetrician and have an examination done in addition to a sonogram to exclude. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor