Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Had a herniated disc. Had Cervical fusion, numbness tingling on hands and legs. Do you think I need some kind of therapy or surgery?

I'm 58 years old Female in good health, In 1989 I had a herniated disc do to a fall , so I had Cervical fusion on C4-C5 it was a successful surgery.

After 22 years I started having numbness tingling on hands and legs so I had double cervical fusion on July 01, 2011, C3-C4 and C5-C6 ,and now when I lean forward, I'm having fainting feelings, I feel that I have to keep my neck as straight as possible, when I need something that is low to my reach, I bend my knees to reach for it.

When I turn my head to look far to the left, my left arm and left hand get a little numb. do you think I need some kind of therapy . or do you think that I might need another surgery?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From your history it seems that you are having pressure or irritation of nerves due to cervical spondilitis.
Go for physiotherapy regularly.
Go for short way diathermy and
Go for cervical traction.
All these will help you a lot.
Even you may go for Cervical collar if your orthopedic surgeon feels proper.
Take high dose of calcium, Vitamin A and D supplements.
Avoid pillow on the neck while sleeping.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Fri, 12 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor