Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Had a frenulum tear. Emergency?

Good evening, I m a fellow physician ( oncologist here)..I need some advice on what should I do... I ve just had a frenulum tear (cannot access if it s partial or complete.due to some pain).... what advice you can give me... should I proceed to an ER (midnight here)...or can I see an urologist tomorrow? Second, will a surgical procedure be needed or will it heal on its own? thanks in advance Daniel Morel, MD
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have sustained injury to your frenulum while having dry vigorous sex.

Please do not worry please apply pressure bandage and to stop the bleeding there is no need to be panicky about it.
You can consult qualified urologist or general surgeon tomorrow for clinical examination . Mostly you may not need any suturing. It will heal up naturally within a week or will need to be sutured
Answered: Fri, 19 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor