Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Had a fall, swelling in bone, lump on cheek. What now?

Hello, my boyfriend had a nasty fall and hit his face badly. He went to the hospital and was told different things. What I'm wondering is, it's been a few days now and his cheek around his bone is swollen and really hard...could it be broken? It kind of feels like a baseball in his cheek where the bone should be but it's swollen as well and the swell of it is hard.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  330
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The hard swelling on the cheek is likely to be due to a hematoma formation in the area. This is likely to resolve on its own in few weeks. Please do not worry. He can do a hot fomentation in the area to hasten the healing.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Sat, 29 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor