Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Had a dull inconsistent pain on my lower abdomen, swelling, have follicles. Can I conceive?

I ve had a dull inconsistent pain on my lower right abdominal side for the past 12 weeks. This last week my OB said I have a swollen right ovary , with many healthy follicles in it. I had an ultrasound and a transvaginal sonogram done. I m wondering if the pain is from this or if it could be my colon . About three months ago, I lost my baby at 17 weeks along and thought this pain was from all of that trauma, but not quite sure what it is now. Should I get a CT scan? Will a CT scan harm my eggs/follicles if I am to ovulate in the next week and get a CT scan done in the next week as well? I am 25 years old and wanting a baby more than anything.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
Pain arising from ovaries which are about to ovulate, cannot last for 12 weeks, but maximum for 2- 3 days.
So you need to find out some other causes of your pain.
If trying to conceive, avoid a CT scan at present.
But you can go for ultrasound of the whole abdomen alongwith pelvis.
Even the abortion three months back should not be painful now.
If trying to conceive, after an abortion, you should avoid it for atleast 3 months, take folic acid and keep yourself healthy and fit.
ALso consult a gynecologist, specializing in Subfertililty after that, so that you do not leave out any investigation / cause for your prior miscarriage.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 5 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor