Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Had a cyst removed years back on chest. Has a bump. What is it?

My husband had a cyst removed about 4 years ago that was very deep on his chest. Two week ago he felt a small bump and now it's grown the size of a walnut. He went to the immediate care and they cut him open but did see anything but he feels as though they missed it as it seems very deep like the cyst he had. Any ideas on what it is?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Your husband seems to have developed a hypertrophic scar or keloid as the site of surgery...These lesions occur due to overgrowth of fibrous tissue at any site of injury/ surgery .Such lesions are mostly seen over upper back and chest...There are certain people who are predisposed to develop hypertrophy during the process of wound healing...It is important to find out if your husband had a similar tendency earlier also,,ie development of a hypertrophic scar at any site of trauma
My advice is the lesion needs proper assessment by a dermatologist,,,
In the mean time , you can apply a steroid cream like Clobetasol over the lesion twice a day,,If it doesnt settle, then sometimes intralesional steroids are needed to improve the raised lesion..

Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor