Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Had UTI. Renal sonogram, blood work done. Can abdominal infection and ebv cause change in labs?

I had a very bad u.t.i my doctor ordered a renal sonogram which showed enlarged spleen14.5 . In10 days I went to my who ordered an abdominal sono everything was okay spleen had gone down to 13. 0. The my blood work came back neutrophils 29 lymphocytes 54 and absolute neutrophils 1218 which was 2500 on 3/29. I also had a esophagogastroduodenoscopy done 6/11 which show erosive gastritis ,erosive duodenitis waiting on biopsy results. My question can abdominal infection and ebv cause change in labs
Fri, 29 Nov 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Yes, abdominal infection and ebv will alter blood reports if you are looking if your UTI has resolved. It may give False positive result. You can go for Urine routine and microscopy.

Any doubts regarding this, feel free to contact.
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor