Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Had Inguinal hernias repaired. Prescribed Hydrocodone. Took Advil. Found blood in urine. Cause?

My husband had 2 inguinal hernias and one higher up on the left side of his stomach repaired via skin incisions on March 1. He has been able to eat and had a little trouble urinating, which has gone away. Dr had him on hydrocodone and today my husband decided he wasnt in enough pain for that and took Advil , 3x since 5am this morn, at 7pm, he said there was some blood in his urine. He has no other problems, is it the Advil, causing some internal bleeding?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is not likely that the blood in the urine is from Advil
It can cause bleeding from the stomach!

He should see his doctor / he should have his urine examined first...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor