Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Habit of biting cheeks. Swollen cheek, thick area. Why is this happening?

I m constantly biting my cheeks. It s not out of a nervous habbit. My cheeks literally fall into my teeth naturally after I got my wisdom teeth removed last year. A few days ago I noticedb a part of my cheek feels thick. It s in a circle in the front of my cheek and it feels sensitive when I touch it. It doesn t look swollen but it feels swollen. I ve seen an oral surgeon about nmy cheek biting and he said its something I have to live with but I can t. The biting is causing sores my mouth looks so tore up. Any idea on why this is happening?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hye! You are having bad habit due to disturbed psychology. You must consult psychiatrist to forget this bad habit of cheek biting . You also consult oral sugeon for treatment of disease on cheek... Ok
Answered: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor