Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

HSG test shows swollen left Fallopian tube. Can I conceive without removing Fallopian tube?

hi, am 33 yrs old and on ttc for two yrs.recently i did hsg test( color dye xray ) and my dr. found my left Fallopian tube has swelling and the right has a block... now she recommended to take placentrex injection for 10 days and R-cinex tablets... is ther any chance that i can conceive with out removing my fallopian tube and any further treatment required...
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  221
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Deepa, Placenterix is a highly concentrated placenta preparation, claimed to be useful in various conditions like
1. Pelvic Inflamatory Disease.
2. Ectopic pregnancy.
3. Wound healing etc.,
But efficacy has not been well documented & is questionable. It is seldom used in western countries.
HSG (hysterosalpingogram) is a tubal patency test. It reveals if the fallopian tubes are blocked or open. The reason for tubal block can be tubal spasm, mucous plugs or infection.
The two options available for you are,
1. fluroscopic tubal recanalisation surgery (FTR) (or)
2. in vitro fertilisation -(IVF)
FTRcan remove the tubal block. but if the tubes are already damaged, then test tube baby (IVF) is the only option.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor