Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

HSG test showed blocked tubes. Periods delayed. How to treat it?

hello,am helen,i did an hsg test early this month and i was told that my tube are both block.and nw i suppose to see my period on the 26 of this month but came out this today which is 29th of this month.but my own personal doctor said he did not see any blockage before he directed to a place to do the hsg test.but my period is not ceal.please assist me cos hav married for a year and months
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello Ms.Helen,
The diagnosis of tubal block is better done through laparoscopy because HSG can sometimes give false positives. Conception is not naturally possible if tubal block exists. It needs to be rectified and if results are not positive, IVF may be tried. I advice you to see an infertility specialist for further management. Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 7 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. Vasuki S's  Response

bLOCKED tubes in HSG may be due to real block or at times rarely due to spasm of tubes if you had apprehension & anxiety at the time of test.Ideal is to proceed with Laproscopy. visualisation of your tubes ,uterus, ovaries and patency testing of your tubes can be done during laproscopy.consult your gynae.All the best.
Answered: Wed, 7 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see if ur tube is blocked or not u get a periods monthaly.if u confused with both the doc result then go for hysterolaproscopy which is more valuable test to find out any blockage and resolve that if consult infertility specialist for ur problem.
Answered: Wed, 7 Nov 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor