Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

HSG shows cervical canal normal, uterine cavity normal, outline appear retroverted. Can i get pregnant?

Hi am 37 years old. I just did an HSG . The result shows that the cervical canal is normal in calibre and outline. The uterine cavity is normal in size, shape and outline but appear retroverted. The fallopian tubes are visualized and they show spill of contrast into the peritoneal cavity . The final statement is bilateral tubal patency. Can I get pregnant?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Your HSG test is absolutely nor$al.Retroversion position of uterus in pelvic cavity and spill of dye into peritoneal cavity means both fallopain tunes are patent.If there is no other factor responsible for infertality, you have high chances of getting pregnant.
Hope this answers your question
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor