Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

HIV antibody,unprotected sex with wife

Dear DR. i have tested for hiv antibody 1& 2 after 3.5month, 5.5m,7m,11.5m,18month all are negetive is im safe? imarried can i have un protected sex with my wife thanks
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
Yes, you are definitely not HIV positive as it takes a maximum of 6 months for antibodies against HIV to form. These antibodies are the substances which are picked up by ELISA tests which are commonly used for HIV.
However, I would suggest that you use adequate protection (like using a condom) if you are indulging in any activity that might put you at risk. You can have unprotected sexual intercourse with your wife, but the chances of pregnancy and of other sexually transmitted infections ( if either one of you has any) should be kept in mind.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Thu, 15 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor