Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online


I currently have amenorrhea. I am 16 years old, almost 5'5", and around 115-116 pounds. At one time, I reached a weight of around 147 pounds and then began to rapidly lose weight over a period of 5 months, sometimes not using the healthiest methods. I don't think I had developed an ED, but my caloric intake was too low. After reaching a low of 112-113 pounds, I increased my caloric intake and I hope to gain some more. I get enough protein (50-60 g per day), enough calcium (1300 mg or more per day) and I have significantly increased my fat intake, although I should probably increase it more. I have not ruled out other causes for my amenorrhea. Plus, I was an active tennis player, but now that I'm on off-season, I'm pretty much sedentary. When, at what weight, do you think my period should return?
Sun, 6 Nov 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response

Diet, exercise and lifestyle does have an influence over the menstrual cycles. So if there is significant change in it, it can cause amenorrhea. Hence for now I would suggest you to consult our gynecologist for further guidance. I am giving you the link for the same

OBGYN Dr. Nilima Ghosh Hajra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
first of all get consultation with gynecologist and get a check up and all the tests done as advised
.be under doctors treatment till you get cured
have regular exercises and balanced healthy diet
hope you be all right soon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor