Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

HCG urine test showed negative result. Have vomiting sensation, why? Confirm pregnancy?

I am parvathy. My age is 40. My LMP is july 25th 2012. In 41st & 42nd day i have taken hcg urine preganancy test. In that i have got negative result. in 46th day i have vomitting sensation. today 52nd day again i have hcg urine preganancy test. in that also i got the negative result. but last two days i having vomitting sensation, mild giddiness. i am taking thyrox 87.5 mcg tablet from aug 2012 regularly.(from the past two years i am taking the thyroid tablet regularly) how many days i have to wait to confirm preganancy? how can i confirm preganancy? (because my periods was regular) please help me. i am confused.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi Balu,
Thanks for posting your query.
It is really confusing!
You should repeat the home pregnancy test in a week; get a pregnancy kit of a different brand and use it as soon as possible after you but it.
If still the test negative and symptoms persistent then you must do a more specific test the serum hCG levels and a ultrasound abdomen.
Ultrasound would pick up if some other pathology is causing the trouble eg. hormone secreting ovarian tumor etc.
I hope you would be benefited with the advise. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.
Dr.Monika Choudhary
Answered: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Sree Gouri SR's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
If you conceived by this time the urine pregnancy test might have shown positive result.
So your amenorrhea can be because of some other causes like hormonal imbalance.
So you once consult gynecologist and undergo blood test for pregnancy which will rule out the possibility.
Then you can go for ultrasound and repeat of thyroid profile which will possibly find out the cause for your amenorrhea.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor