Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Gyne-Itching, Should I see a Doctor ?

I have been having severe itching on my vulva and outside of my vagina for about 3 weeks now. I did a 10 day over the counter yeast infection medication (suppository), and used the cream and ate lots of yogurt, but it's still here. I'm also 20 years old and sexually active in a monogamous relationship, and have a lowered immune system because of a medication I'm taking. I know this isn't a STD of any sort, but it seems a bit long to still have a yeast infection. Could this be something else? Should I see a doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Feb 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  221
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

as long as your immune system is down it is going to take a while before you get rid of the consult a doctor as you might need to take a course of antibiotics after a physical examination and possibly a lab test to identify the organism causing the infection

Answered: Thu, 11 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor