Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Gutka addiction, have scars in inner cheek, difficulty in opening mouth, eating hot and spicy food, stopped Gutka. What could this be?

Hi Doctor, I have habit of chewing Guthkha from past 10 years. I am not able to open my mouth fully. Recently while brushing I got scars in my inner cheek. I am not able to eat hot, spicy food. Its burning a lot even for a little spicy food. Its been five days and it doesnt heal at all. Now I have stopped chewing Guthka. Please advise on this. Regards, SAK
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  305
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Abusoa,
Thanks for query.
Chewing Gutkha can give rise to this problem due to developing Sub mucous fibrosis.
Quit Gutkha for ever.
Do exercise of opening mouth by inflating balloons,
Try mouth opening exercise daily for 5 mint in the morning and evening.
For non healing scar consult your doctor to rule out Leucoplekia, a pre cancerous lesion.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor