Gum issues can lead to bacterial issues with the heart.Do I have to get antibiotics for this?

About year ago, I have been diagnosed with an enlarged heart. Since then, I have been exercising and eating right to lose weight , because I was 5 10 260lbs. Now I m 230lbs. Lately, however my heart has been hurting more. I also happen to HATE flossing my teeth! (I know! I know!) I did some research on the Internet and learned that it is believed that gum issues can lead to bacterial issues with the heart. I also read that this can be treated with AntiBiotics . I am unemployed and don t have medical insurance , so I can t afford to goto a cardiologist and get treated until I find a job etc. I recently bought a waterpik style device which can supposedly reverse gum problems. So now I am religiously brushing my teeth and using the waterpik after every meal . Therefore my question is, if my gums get better, will my heart get better too without going to the Dr. to get antibiotics(assuming that this is what my problem is?) Thanx!
Thu, 25 Jul 2013