Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Gum depigmentation. Looking for some specific toothpaste

i have a single dot of Gum depigmentation in my upper gums.. is there anyway to cure it without expensive medical procidures? i.e. special toothpaste ( the picture that i attach to this is similar to my case except that my single gum depigmentation is in the middle of my to upper front teeth and im hispanic not african american)
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
depigmentation- it is procedure to remove pigment like melanin from skin/mucosa..
gum depigmentation , i suppose its some discolored gum in your case.. no toothpaste can solve your problem.. but lasers can be used to get the pigments removed..
note- these pigmented areas may get corrected by itself.. as sometimes hormonal changes causes increased pigmentation..
u can have biopsy done of the lesion if it is troubling you..and get the lesion diagnosed by oral diagnosis specialist..
My advise will be maintain a healthy diet, good oral hygiene.. dont worry about such small areas.. but if you notice any change in senses perception/pain in region consult specialist immediately..
do gum massages with astringents as they help in constriction of blood vessels and may correct the gum problem..
Answered: Mon, 2 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM forum,
i would like to inform you that gum depigmentation can be due to a number of factors,
i would suggest you take oral antioxidants, and massage your gums with your finger or a cotton tip applicator using gum paints available at pharmacy.
this will help improve the vascularity of gums, there are no special tooth pastes which can resolve your problem.
so kindly take care of your oral hygiene, i wish you good health.

Answered: Sat, 30 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Unfortunately I did not see any of your attached photograph in this site. I also do not understand what do you mean by gum 'depigmentation'. Actually gum dipigmentation is a procedure where dark colored
(due to high melanin pigmentation)gum is depigmented to a cooperatively more pinkish color. Most recent and safest procedure is to do it by using lasers. By 'depigmentation' if you indicate to your dark colored gum, you should contact to a nearby dentist who is having a laser system to do such job. It will be done in a single sitting and of course painlessly. Wishing you a good health.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor