Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Growths on chest, please help

Growths on chest, please help what to do ?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Dec 2009
Answers:  4 Views:  466
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hi raghu,
Thanks for visiting HCM
I wish you have given more information about your growth. Is it the breast enlargement or a nodule sort of thing and what is the site.
Male breast enlargement in the days of puberty can be due to hormonal over-activity and is benign sort of thing and there is nothing to worry except for some cosmetic reasons for which you may consult plastic surgeon if it is too much.
Nodular recent growth, increasing in size, must be thoroughly evaluated as it can be malignancy especially in elderly population. I will advise you to go a simple test called fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) available with any pathologist. The report will guide further.

Best wishes
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Prakash Chhajlani's  Response
Male Breast enlargement:Gynacomastia is the technical namei.It is not a disease but over reaction of harmones.Plastic SURGERY IS THE TREATMENT OF CHOICE IF IT BOTHERS YOU COSMETICALLY.It is harmless and no medical treatment or exercise helps in reducing it.
Answered: Sat, 11 Sep 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  Anonymous's Response
sir im 22 years old , i do regular workouts of chest in gym but sillit feels soft under nipples and when i am lying on bed i also feel knots under nipples and myt nipples tip also appears to tend inwards
Answered: Mon, 6 Sep 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Mr.Raghu, what growths do you have? Is it like enlargement of your breast. You will need to consult a cosmetic surgeon, in that case. Moreover if you are obese, then it is normal to have breast enlargement as a result of fat accumalation.

Answered: Thu, 31 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor