Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Growth stopped, calcium stocked in bones. How to increase height?

I,m 24 years height is only 40 inches. I m just like a nurcery baby. In childhood my height was increased normally.but after 5 years old that was stoped. calcium was increased in my body & theese stocked in my bones.therefore my bones were very very strong .so my height increase was stoped.that is the doctor s opinion who I was checked. specially my legs & hands are short. I m well educated. atleast I can t got into bus alone. so I can t go any where alone. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz doctor help me. i m verry very helpless..................................
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  263
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

The height of a human being is dependent on numerous factors like Heredity, Race, Sex, Environment, Nutrition, Exercise, Hormones etc.

As you are 24 years old, your Epiphyseal growth plates (which plays an important role in the longitudinal growth of bones) might have fused.

So, bone growth stops after epiphyseal closure and consequently the height of the person will also stop. Ultimately, your chances of increasing height are remote.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Tue, 3 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Michelle Gibson James's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is understandable to be concerned about your present height.

Unfortunately at your age , it is unlikely that any further growth can occur.

During the growth period there is an area at the ends of the bones that is involved in the addition of new bone and therefore increasing the height and length of the bones.

This area is not usually active at your age and as a result no further increase in length or height can occur.

Wish you the best
Answered: Tue, 3 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor