Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Growth in ear, painful. History of skin infection on chest

Hello, I m a mother trying to find some sort of answer to this problem my son has. I have a 23 yr old son that lives with me and has developed a marble sized growth directly in-between the Crus of Helix and the Lower Crus of Antihelix. I looked up a diagram of the outer ear for the exact location I m trying to explain. My son complains of this lump becoming more painful the larger it grows. My son has also tried to squeeze this lump, but I have cautioned against this action due to not knowing exactly what we re dealing with. I must also mention that just about 1 1/2 wks ago my son had a place on his chest that was infected from a necklace, we applied neosporin and bandages. The area on his chest finally seemed to heal up , but now we have a lump in his ear. Could this lump in his outer ear seem to be a possible side effect from the once infected area on my son s chest?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response

No, the lump in ear is not related with infection of chest.

The lump might be cyst..epithelioid cyst.

It can be removed by minor surgery under local anaesthesia.

It is simple OPD procedure.

This should be done by expert.

So, take your son to nearby dermatologist.

He will be alright.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor