Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Growth abnormalities, suffering from Arnold Chiari Malformation, suffering impaired growth of brain. Done MRI. Ct scan. What can be done?

Dear could you tel me, a 13 year boy got birth in a family whos parents get married in relation. Out of their 4 childrens 3/three chidrens are having growth and growth abnormalities. The elder son whos age is 24 years they dianosed by some test like MRI, CT scan etc that he is suffering by Arnold Chiari Malformation-1, spine disorder(crveture) and legs down protion not streight. The doctor suggest initially to do operation and make space for brain in the skull.
Sir, main question that the baby whose age 13 years only suffering the growth, brain and still he is ok so is there any suggestion that what to do to avoid further damage. Please advice us in this regards. These patients are from Yemen country and they are very poor. Looking forward to hear you and good wishesh for serve the humanity that what and how you are doing your best. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Your query that out of 4 children product of consanguinous parentage, 3 children have growth abnormality and in addition elder one has Arnold chiari malformation1 that is tonsillar herniation .

Arnold chiari malformation is a development abnormality , there is no relation to growth abnormalities .However if child has asssociated hydrocephalus and compression of hypothalomo pituitary tract growth of the child can be affected

Consult neurologist for detail examination whether it is really growth of child is affected or you meant to say spasticity of lower limbs and global development delay.

Dr Sandhya Manorenj
Hi tech city Hyderabad
Answered: Tue, 28 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor