Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Groin pain, skin itchy. Burning pain in front of right leg. How to cure?

Hello! Im having pain in my groin area. When I m sleeping on my right side and roll over, there is a tingling , burning pain that shoots down the front of my right leg. When I cough there is a pinching pain. This morning I could feel what I thought was a lump in the area where my leg and torso meet, where my undies rub. My skin is very itchy in this area, also. There is no redness or swelling , just the pain after I ve been sleeping on that side and the pinching when I cough and today when I lift. I m not on any medication . I m 49 yrs old.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

She might be suffering from post herpetic neuralgia.

sometimes herpes manifests only with shooting nerve pain,

without any skin lesions.

You need treatment with anti inflammatory drugs.

Please meet a dermatologist and discuss regarding this.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Wed, 24 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Ilyas Patel's  Response

It seems that you may be having HERPES ZOSTER , also know as shingles, on right lower extremity.

It is a viral infection.. Caused by VARICELLA ZOSTER VIRUS ( VZV).

Antiviral like acyclovir or famcyclovir should be taken in proper dose.

Pain killer like ketorolac may be taken.

Oral steroids in tappering dose should be taken to prevent post herpetic neuralgia..a complication.

Antihistaminics to relieve itching may be taken.

Local application of silver sulfadiazine cream may improve the lesions.

Avoid soap bath.

Do not remove the crusts.

Treatment should be taken for abut 2 months.

Avoid anxiety and take rest.

You consult dermatologist.

You will be alright.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Answered: Wed, 24 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor