Green stringy mucus in stool. Any idea what it may be?

My 3 year old has Green stringy mucus in his stool. Any idea what it may be?
Sun, 3 Jul 2011
no worries.Green mucus in stools of children is very common.Children's diet is mainly comprised of milk.That could be the reason.You can give your child a homeopathy medicine for this as it is safe, gentle and hv no harmful effects.
General Surgeon Dr. Paul Anant's  Response

Hello.Green mucus in stool is a sign of an infection. This is more common in young children . In most cases, the only sign of infection is the mucus in the stool and it shows malabsorption in the intestines. Usually this should be self limiting as external factors like any change in diet etc have to be ruled out,however if this still persists after a day or two, you should take your child to your physician for a full checkup.Regards.