Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Graying and severe hair fall at the age of 17

Hi I am a 17 year old girl with a severe hair fall problem.It all started back in 6th grade when my mom noticed a few strands of grey hair.But now almost 75% of my hair have turned grey.and there is almost a bald patch right on top. I have had tests for thyroid and the report was normal.Although a urine test indicated some abnormality. And i also get cramps on the lower right side of my abdomen sometimes along with a discharge. Can this be related to my hair problem? Please Help. I have already contacted 3 other doctors ,but in vain.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  147
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
you are suffering from canities and probably with alopecia areata too. Start tab keraglo forte once daily and see a dermatologist asap
Answered: Sun, 6 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Is it treatable?
The baldness is not severe though. But the patch is forming as years progress.
Answered: Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic forum,
Graying of hair is called CANITIES & patchy hair loss is called ALOPECIA AREATA.Foe canities you should take calcium patothenate (100mg) daily...which is there in keraglo forte.For alopecia areata the treatment of choice is injection over the site of steroid ..along with minoxidil sol 5% locally....I dont think your stomach problem be associated with your hair problem...but if you have malabsorption then that may lead to graying of hair.Alopecia areata i a autoimmune condition ,so one should rule out other auto immune condition too.So consult dermatologist for proper treatment.
take care,
Answered: Sun, 6 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Okay. thanks for your help. :)
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to healthcareMagic forum,
patchy hair loss is treatable and you should take an early treatment so that it doesn't progress further.So consult a good dermatologist who can help you.
take care,
Answered: Wed, 9 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor