Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Gradual weight loss, wife has low grade fever, cough, weight loss. History of unprotected sex with multiple partners. HIV signs?

Hi Sir...I have had positive exposure to hiv around 3-4 years because of unprotected sex with womens. My body weight is constant and lack of activeness.And i did marriage in Aug 2010. After my marriage her body weight started decreasing. Scince 6 months my wife feels low grade fewer, Headache , Cough , weight loss . She consulted doctor about fewer and cough ..but no good result. After that i was in doubt of HIV to me and to her also because of me. So i undergo HIV TRI-DOT test on may 2012 , it showed -ve. I am unable to live happily due to this. There is no symptoms to me except activeness,but to my wife....the above problems occuring. Today i went to a good clinic and asked them to do HIV ELISA Test. Result will be come tomarrow. Please tell me what to do...and which test is best best and best to confirm HIV at any cost. I will undergo through it. I am unable to see my wife condition. I am very very sorry for what i did. How i can tell to my wife these things. I am unable to concentrate on job and life. Very very thankful to you sir,
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, its nice to see your concern but as you are already HIV positive you need to be very careful and use precaution before intercourse, also you need to inform her of your condition.TRIDOT test may come negative in the frst 15 days-2monts of exposure. A more reliable test would be ELISA test and the confirmatory test would be WEstern Blot technique for detection of HIV protein. Get her general check-up done in the meanwhile and investigate for routine bloood and urine tests. She can be treated accordingly for any abnormality detected. Both of you need to go for councelling and stop feeling disturbed. Accept the fact and do the best to have a problem free life as long as possible. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor