Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Grade 1 - 2 fatty infiltration, sludge ball in gallbladder, moderate drinker. Will this turn to cirrhosis of liver?

I have fatty liver & slightly enlarged liver, Grade I - II fatty infiltration seen. And I have 9 mm approax sludge ball in Galbladder. Just a month ago that was detected.I am a moderate drinker, doctor told not to drink beer.I drinks sometimes 80 ml max (scotch whysky ) & regular take medicine for my fatty liver & do excercise (walking more than a mile ). Can you tell me in this case can be turned to cirrhosis of liver? I am goign for Gallstone operation. My age 33yrs & weight 76 kgs, hight 5 10 Regards Sandipani
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  239
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM.
It seems you have been suffering from Chronic Hepatitis B. I would suggest you following:
Yes this can turn into cirrhosis.
I advise you following investigations:
1. Viral markers
2. Upper GI Endoscopy
3. LFT
Review with reports
You require treatment for this.

Stay Healthy
Answered: Fri, 28 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor